NEWS

The Arch-Emeritus Desmond Tutu to go for surgery, again!

the Arch
Hospitalised again. The Arch Emeritus Desmond Tutu will for surgery on Wednesday.

Relatives did not give any more detail on his ailment, but said it was not related to the prostate cancer he has had for nearly 20 years.

The former Anglican archbishop of Cape Town, who regularly criticised white-minority rule from his pulpit, was also hospitalised last year for treatment of an “inflammation”.

“The Archbishop will undergo a small surgical procedure on Wednesday to address the root cause of the infections,” the family said in a statement.

The 84-year-old Nobel Peace Prize winner has continued to respond well to treatment in the Cape Town hospital, the family added.

Related posts

Soweto Social Marquee-owned by budding entrepreneurs to debut at this year’s Gauteng Summer Cup

Mdu MPHAHLELE

Boxing legend Peter “Terror” Mathebula’s wife also succumbs to death

Sydney MORWENG

No to retrenchment says African Bank

Sydney MORWENG

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.