The free one-day event, organised by UK jazz and hip-hop artist Soweto Kinch,
showcases live music, dance and art. It takes place underneath the Hockley Flyover at the beginning of Birmingham’s Soho Road. Now Kinch will host a diverse and brilliant line-up in Freedom Square on Saturday 31 March 2012.
“It will be a privilege to host this festival in Soweto, a place that has seen so much hardship, yet through the people’s struggles it has been a catalyst for such unique art forms,” said Kinch, one of the most exciting and versatile musicians in both the British jazz and hip-hop scenes, who is also an award winning alto-saxophonist.
Among the artists that have confirmed their appearance at the Flyover Show are Tumi from Tumi and the Volume, Soweto Kinch and band, Feya Faku, Yugen Blakrok, Gin-I Grindith, Robo The Technician, Hymphatic Thabs, Femi Temowo, ESKA, Jonzi D, Bokani Dyer, DJ Raiko and the Kliptown Youth Program Gumboot Dancers.
“As well as the brilliant local South African talent that will be on show, I cannot wait to introduce the South African audiences to some of the UK’s best hip-hop entertainers. It will definitely a huge party with quality music on offer,” he said.
Entrance to the show is free, with tickets available at Computicket outlets around Johannesburg.
More tickets will be made available at various venues from next around Johannesburg that include the community arts centres around the city.
To get the inside edge on new artists added to the line-up and when and where more tickets will become available, join the show’s Facebook page on
https://www.facebook.com/TheFlyoverShow or visit www.theflyovershow.co.za
The music will start at 10am and finish at 6pm.
Sponsors include the British Council, Birmingham City Council and the Soweto Hotel and the event has the support of the City of Johannesburg’s Community Development Department: Directorate of Arts, Culture and Heritage.
herewith Computicket outlets you can collect tickets:
– Johannesburg: Eldorado Park Shoprite
– Johannesburg: Eloff Street Ok Furniture Store
– Johannesburg: Eloff Street Shoprite
– Johannesburg: Emmarentia Checkers
– Johannesburg: Ennerdale Shoprite
– Johannesburg: Fourways Checkers Hyper
– Johannesburg: Fourways House And Home
– Johannesburg: Ghandi Square Metro Bus Only
– Johannesburg: Glenvista Checkers
– Johannesburg: Hillbrow Shoprite
– Johannesburg: Hyde Park
– Johannesburg: Johannesburg Park Station
– Johannesburg: Lenasia Shoprite
– Johannesburg: Lyric Theatre
– Johannesburg: Malvern Shoprite
– Johannesburg: Mayfair Shoprite
– Johannesburg: Montecasino Pieter Toeriens Theatre
– Johannesburg: Montecasino Teatro
– Johannesburg: Newlands Shoprite
– Johannesburg: Northgate Checkers
– Johannesburg: Rosettenvile Shoprite
– Johannesburg: Southdale Shoprite
– Johannesburg: Southgate Checkers
– Johannesburg: Sunninghill Checkers
– Johannesburg: The Glen Shopping Centre
– Johannesburg: Triomf Shoprite
– Johannesburg: Westgate Checkers Hyper
– Johannesburg: Westgate House And Home
– Johannesburg: Wilrogate Checkers
– Johannesburg: Yeoville Shoprite