A bottle of award-winning Bunnahabhain single malt Scotch whisky is an eloquent way to honour your past and celebrate your father on 21 June.
This whisky distillery, situated on the Island of Islay- off the west coast of Scotland -has done the same in recent years’ when it returned to the original un-chillfiltered way of making whisky.
Says Ian MacMillan, master distiller and blender of Bunnahabhain: “That’s how it was done by my predecessors many years ago. We have revived the technique in appreciation of their craft, which creates whisky in its purest form with a full depth of colour, aroma and flavour, thereby enhancing the enjoyment of the connoisseur”.
Soweto Life Magazine is giving away a fabulous Bunnahabhain hamper comprising a bottle of Bunnahabhain 12-year-old, a leather laptop bag, notebook and wallet, as well as a Parker pen to the value of R1 880. Just in time for Father’s Day!
To enter this give-away, please provide an answer to the following question: Who is the master distiller and blender of Bunnahabhain?
E-mail your answer along with your name, surname, contact details and ID number to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com by 12 June 2015.
This give-away is open to South African residents over the age of 18.
Full terms and conditions:
1. This promotional competition is organised by Distell Ltd, in association with Soweto Life Magazine (“the Promoters”).
2. The promotional competition is open to residents of South Africa, over the age of 18 years, except any employee, director, member partner, agent or consultant or any person directly or indirectly who controls or is controlled by the Promoters, immediate family members of such persons, and/or any participants who have won a prize through a promotional competition run by the Promoters at least three months prior to the announcement of the winner of the Prize (“Disqualified Persons”).
3. By entering the promotional competition, all participants agree to be bound by these rules, which will be interpreted by the Promoters, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. The Promoters reserve the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this competition and any prizes (which have not yet been awarded), or any aspect thereof, without prior notice at any time, for any reason which the Promoters deem necessary.
4. The promotional competition commences on Wednesday, 3 June 2015 and ends on Friday, 12 June 2015. Entries received after the closing date will not be taken into consideration.
5. One Soweto Life Magazine reader stands a chance to win a Bunnahabhain hamper comprising a bottle of Bunnahabhain 12-year-old, a leather laptop bag, notebook and wallet, as well as a Parker pen to the value of R1 880.00 (“the Prize”).
6. To be eligible for the Prize, participants are required to answer the following question: “Who is the master distiller and blender of Bunnahabhain?” Participants must email their answer along with their name, surname, contact details and ID number to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 June 2015.
7. The winner will be determined by random draw at the close of the competition and notified by e-mail no later than Monday, 15 June 2015. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Prize will be couriered to the winners within two weeks of acceptance of the Prize.
8. If the potential winner does not accept his/her Prize on or before Thursday, 18 June 2015, the winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prize and it shall revert to the Promoters.
9. The winner will be required to provide proof of identity to verify that he/she is above the age of 18.
10. The Prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
11. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
12. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
13. All participants and the winner, as the case may be, by entering the promotional competition, indemnify the Promoters, their advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, suppliers, its affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in this promotional competition and/or use of the Prize (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters).
14. A copy of the competition rules is available at www.sowetolifemag.co.za.