From versatility to graffiti from energetic to creativity -displayed by contestants this was going to be a very complex yet exciting event, and lives to that.
Add international NBA basketball player, in the form of Houston Rockets player Terrence Jones and Memphis Grizzlies Dunk Squad, the Sprite Uncontainable finale was indeed uncontainable!
“Sprite is committed to providing a platform and audience for youth to unleash their talent and express their true selves. The brand has been instrumental in the development of hip-hop in the country and the fusion of the different hip-hop elements that are a celebration of the lifestyle,” says Hlukani Rikhotso, Brand Manager for Sprite.
International act Pharoahe Monch says exultantly, for me coming to experience this kind of an event was breathtaking considering the overwhelming response from the public.
Here are the winners:
· * Luthando Dekeni aka Lolli “skoko sase nyanga”, a kwaito-inspired emcee from Nyanga East in Cape Town, now living in Pretoria.
· * Dance winner: Benny Chiloane, an enthusiastic, versatile and energetic dancer from Nelspruit.
· * Graffiti winner: Charles Keylock aka “Riot”, a passionate graffiti artist from Randburg, Johannesburg.
· * B-ball winner: Andile Zulu, a lightning-fast basketballer from Katlehong.
* Fan winner: Shavon Etches, a BA law student at Wits University in Johannesburg.
All the winners won a prize trip to the ‘Big Apple’ in February 2015.
Next year it promises to be bigger and better, according to the organizers.