THE MPUMALANGA Tourism and Parks Agency’s (MTPA) festive season campaign will kick off from 1 November 2018 to 18 January 2019.
It is aimed at encouraging domestic tourists to visit Mpumalanga during the festive period in December and January.
“The campaign aims to showcase the affordability of travelling to the province and further targets domestic tourists through the use of various e-marketing and media platforms”, explained Xolani Mthethwa, Executive Manager of Tourism at MTPA.
The campaign kicked-off with the ‘Ray Phiri memorial lecture’ on October 31, which pays tribute to Ray Phiri who received numerous awards in recognition of his contribution in the music industry. Amongst those awards was the Order of Ikhamanga in Silver, which was awarded to him by the President of South Africa.
Ray Phiri successfully used the arts as an instrument for social transformation.
“We will utilize various social media platforms as well as radio and print media to encourage the domestic market to visit Mpumalanga during this season. A number of affordable packages to choose from will be available on our website”, said Mthethwa.
Over and above the festive season campaign, the MTPA has other planned initiatives, which include mall activations to promote our provincial nature reserves.
Other initiatives that MTPA will be part of include the following:
- New Year’s Eve (NYE) media launch and tour of the pan
orama route from 2 – 3 November;
- The Metro FM Heatwave at Ebukhosini Resort featuring Eyadini Lounge on 3 November;
- International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA) Congress in Dubai, UAE from 11 – 14 November;
- SA Tourism UK School in 5 cities in the UK from 12 – 16 November;
- Launch of the Marula Route in Bushbuckridge on 22 November;
- Fikani Trade Show in Maputo, Mozambique from 22 -25 November;
- Incentive Business Travel and Meetings (IBTM) in Barcelona Spain from 27 -29 November; and
- Nabalabantfu Picnic Festival in Nkomazi on 15 December.
“As MTPA we are excited to be implementing these initiatives aimed at encouraging tourists to travel to our province and explore the unparalleled wonders on offer. We would like to encourage people to visit our website (www.mpumalanga.com) and follow us on all our social media networks”, concluded Mthethwa.