Over 100 entries thus far have been confirmed and still counting before, a panel of experts will be meeting on August 12 to judge entries submitted.
Finalists in the different categories will be announced on August 15.
“Receiving over 100 entries for our inaugural event highlights the necessity of a platform that recognises the strides that women have made in the ICT sector in South Africa. We hope that by showcasing successful women in ICT more girls would be interested in entering into the sector from an early age,” says Mteto Nyati, MTN SA CEO.
Women in ICT – ‘Partnership for Change Awards’ is a pioneering initiative launched by MTN in partnership with ITWeb and Kagiso Media’s Jacaranda FM and East Coast Radio.
The initiative serves as a recognition platform that acknowledges and celebrates the contribution made by female professionals to the growth of the information and communications technology (ICT) sector in South Africa.
The winners will be announced on August31 at a gala function, Hyde Park- Johannesburg.
- Mteto Nyati – CEO MTN
- Steven Ambrose – CEO Strategy Worx
- Loren Braithwaite-Kabosha – CEO SACF
- Mark Harris – Group CEO Kagiso Media
- Ben Kelly – IT Web
- Alpheus Mangale – Chief Enterprise Business Officer, MTN
- Graham de Vries – Corporate Services Executive, MTN
- Kusile Mtunzi-Hairwadzi – GM MTN Foundation
- Mandisa Ntloko – Head of Marketing MTN Business
- Horisane Sithole – SABC
- Pheladi Gwangwa – Telecommunications expert