THE MEMORIAL service for the four children who died from burns after their home caught fire will be held on Wednesday at the Alexandra Thusong Service Centre.
The children died in the blaze on Sunday, after their mothers locked them in the house and left them unattended.
A 14-year-old boy survived.
The two women now face charges of negligence and culpable homicide and have been denied bail.
Gauteng Social Development spokesperson Mbangwa Xaba said: “We can confirm that the Social Development Department and Sassa will be making some monetary contributions toward the cost of the funeral. We will be making a full uniform available for the little boy. We will be providing counselling for him as well as members of his family.”
Gauteng Social Development MEC Nandi Mayathula-Khoza expressed shock and sadness at the incident and dispatched a team of social workers to the scene to investigate what had led to the deaths of the children.
Mayathula-Khoza will also be visiting the scene and will then brief Gauteng Premier David Makhura, in order to determine the next course of action by the Gauteng government, Xaba said in a statement.